Aussie Actors: The 10th Annual Heath Ledger Scholarship is Closing Soon!
In keeping with the amazing opportunities that Heath was given in his career and his generous spirit of helping others, the Foundation will also be looking for actors who may not be afforded the same opportunities or access that Heath had. Bolstered by the amazing diversity of last year's applicants, AiF is building on that and encouraging actors from diverse and underrepresented communities to apply.
Kate Ledger, Heath's sister and AiF Board member said, "We want this scholarship to open doors for Australian actors who otherwise wouldn't get the chance. Australia has an amazing variety of talent to showcase. We are especially encouraging actors of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, those from rural and remote areas, those with disabilities and people from the LGBTQI communities to apply."
The 10th year anniversary scholarship is valued at US$30,000. The recipient will join past winners which include: last year's winner Mojean Aria, who is set to star opposite Rachel Griffiths in the SBS upcoming crime thriller Dead Lucky, and has just been cast in the Stuart Beattie penned film Danger Close opposite Travis Fimmel, Ashleigh Cummings who has just completed shooting the highly anticipated Warner Bros/Amazon co-production of The Goldfinch opposite Ansel Elgort and Nicole Kidman.
The prestigious scholarship, created in the generous creative spirit of the iconic Academy Award-winning actor, will be given to an Australian actor who is pursuing a global career, or wishes to train internationally. The recipient should display an extraordinary commitment to their craft and an exceptional ability to transform their art onto the screen. The scholarship is open to actors from 18-35 years of age.
Adelaide Hills' winery, Bird in Hand, a producer of fine wines and lover of arts and culture, will present the 10th Anniversary Heath Ledger Scholarship (#HLS10) joined by longstanding partners Qantas, Ausfilm and Screenwise.
All ten finalists will be flown to Los Angeles courtesy of Qantas to attend the exclusive three-day HLS conference featuring intimate group conversations and panels with leading Hollywood executives and creatives.
The 10th Anniversary Scholarship Prize will include:
• Two round-trip Qantas economy airfares from Australia to Los Angeles
• US$10,000 towards a living allowance, rent and transport assistance in Los Angeles
• Classes in voice, movement, acting, gym classes and dialect coaching with industry leading experts
• Immigration services from Kate Raynor & Associates
• Reel editing by Top LA editor Darwin Serink
• Headshot Sessions from Sally Flegg Photography
• Hair and Makeup styling for headshot sessions by Sophia Lee
• Dinner + Medallion from EP & LP
• Hair Styling by Hello Darling Salon
• Lifetime AiF membership, which includes access to the creative workspaces, Charlie's at Raleigh Studios, including invitations to exclusive AiF Events such as The Australian Oscar and Emmy Nominees Reception
• General meeting introductions to Hollywood Casting Directors.
• Mentoring by leading actors working in Hollywood.
Entries close on Saturday June 16th at 11am (AEST)
Paid - Scholarship + benefits valued at USD$30,000
Fee details - USD $50 for non-members / USD $10 for AiF Members
2018 Heath Ledger Scholarship Applicants
Anyone, aged 18 to 35 from any country
- Located in California, USA
- Joined July, 2015