About the Prize Package:
The Winner can choose one of the following:
Return economy flights for two to London to attend a West End Show, plus five nights' accommodation. London's legendary West End theatre scene is among the finest in the world, and set amongst London's best restaurants, clubs, bars and fashion houses.
Return economy flights for two to L.A to attend a Hollywood comedy show at the Comedy Store, plus five nights' accommodation. The world famous Comedy Store has featured some of the biggest names in comedy history, including Robin Williams, Chris Rock and Jim Carrey.
Return flights for two to Wellington for a Weta movie tour, plus five nights' accommodation. The Weta Cave is a movie lovers dream and Weta Workshop is the home of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Your tour will take you behind the scenes of these iconic films.
StarNow is an award winning online auditions and jobs website, with over 4.5 million members worldwide using the site to learn about the industry, find work and showcase their talent.
StarNow 15th Birthday Competition 2019 rules:
- Competition: Information on how to enter and the prize package forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the StarNow 15th Birthday Competition 2019 (Competition) is deemed to be acceptance by each entrant of these terms and conditions.
- Eligibility: The Competition is open to StarNow members of any age on the 7th January 2019 (UTC), from anywhere in the world. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter will have sole discretion as to whether or not an individual has satisfied the criteria to be eligible for this Competition. If the Competition is unlawful in the country, state or territory where a prospective entrant lives, the Competition is void in and does not apply to that country, state or territory, and the prospective entrant is not eligible to enter.
- Ineligible persons: Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Promoter: For the purposes of the competition, the Promoter is StarNow Limited (New Zealand company 1584653) of Level 2, 14 - 16 Allen Street, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Minors: Entrants under the age of 18 (or the age of adulthood in the entrants country, state or territory must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 (or the age of adulthood in the person's country, state or territory) to enter the Competition.
- Maintain membership: The winner's prize package is subject to the winner maintaining a public StarNow profile for at least 2 years from the date of the winner announcement and not removing or making the profile private during that time. StarNow will provide a complimentary lifetime Elite membership to the winner for this purpose which will last while StarNow continues trading under that name.
- Competition period: The Competition commences on 7th January 2019 (UTC) and ends at 11.59pm on 15 February 2019 (UTC). The winner will be selected and announced during March 2019 once the Promoter has contacted the potential winner and satisfied themselves of the prospective winner's eligibility.
- The prize package includes:
- return economy class flights for two people, from the winner's normal city or town of residence to one of three destinations: Los Angeles, USA (L.A); London, United Kingdom (London); or Wellington, New Zealand (Wellington).
5 nights/6 days in the winner's selected destination (from the 3 options available; LA, London, Wellington) with accommodation for two paid, up to a total value of $2000.00 NZD (including sales tax). The prize package includes an activity in the selected destination up to the value of $500 NZD (including sales tax) in total. The chosen activity will be booked by StarNow.
- LA: 2 x tickets to attend a Hollywood Comedy Store show, chosen by winner from a list supplied by StarNow.
- London: 2 x tickets to attend a West End Show, chosen by winner from a list supplied by StarNow.
- Wellington: 2 x tickets to a Weta Cave tour, chosen by winner from a list supplied by StarNow.
- The maximum prize package value is NZD $8,500 (including sales tax).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for a change in the ultimate prize value between the time of entry into the Competition and the prize redemption date.
- The prize package must be redeemed by no later than 30 June 2019 (UTC).
- Funds for accommodation will only be delivered via Paypal and not through any other means. Therefore, to receive the prize package the winner must have a valid Paypal account.
- The prize package excludes: spending money, transfers to and from airports or booking of accommodation. The winner and her/his guest will need to make their own way to a major centre to depart for their selected destination location at their own cost. Accommodation will be provisioned via transfer of $2000.00 NZD by Paypal and the winner is responsible for booking and paying for their own accommodation. Should the accommodation exceed $2000.00 NZD StarNow will not provide more funds, but should accommodation cost less than $2000.00 NZD no refund by the winner will be required.
- Entry: To enter the Competition you must enter on the Promoter's website: www.starnow.com (the "Website").
- Deadline: The time of entry will in each case be the time the complete, eligible entry is received by the Promoter's database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion, or for any other reason.
- Verifying entries: Without creating an obligation to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and terminate the entrant's StarNow membership) for tampering with the entry process, for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or for engaging in improper or unlawful conduct that may affect the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
- Promotion of contestants: StarNow will promote the Competition generally and may also promote individual contestants.
- Disqualification: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner (and select another winner) and terminate the winner's StarNow membership if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, the winner has failed to comply (or will be unable to comply) with these terms and conditions, any other conditions of use of the prize and/or any prize supplier's requirements.
- Decisions are final: This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
- Promotion of winner: In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prizes to the winner, the winner agrees to:
- have their full name, a photo and a link to their StarNow profile on the Website homepage and in the Promoter's newsletter as well as a link to their profile from the Promoter's social media pages (such as Facebook and Instagram);
- be included in other promotional materials as part of the Promoter's ongoing publicity (as determined by the Promoter in the Promoter's absolute discretion);
- participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize package, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed.
- Cancellation: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, or amend the details of, this Competition at any time before 7th January 2019 (UTC), subject to the requirements of any applicable law.
- No transfer of prize package: The prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied by the winner.
- Updating personal details: Each entrant's profile and contact details (including email address), will be recorded as part of the entry. Should an entrant's contact details change during the period of the Competition, it is the entrant's responsibility to promptly notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information should be directed to the Promoter. If a potential winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter, or does not respond within five days from the date the Promoter first try to notify them, that potential winner forfeits all rights to win a prize in the Competition and receive the prize package described in these terms.
- Promotion of entrants: By entering this Competition, you consent to:
- the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information (including, to avoid doubt, your name and likeness) as set out in these terms and conditions;
- receive ongoing communication from the Promoter (or its related entities), including its newsletter and other promotional material;
- receive commercial electronic messages (including SMS and email messages) from the Promoter (or its related entities) throughout the duration of the Competition and subsequently until such time as you notify the Promoter that you no longer wish to receive such messages.
- Access costs: The cost of accessing the Website will be dependent on the entrant's internet service provider. The Competition itself is free to enter.
- Exclusion of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable to any entrant or to any other person for any loss, claim, liability, cost or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of opportunity, and any indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition and/or the prize package (or any part thereof), including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to any value stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; and/or (f) participation in the Competition. This exclusion applies regardless of whether that liability or responsibility arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise. Nothing in these terms applies to limit the Promoter's liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Force majeure: If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable laws and/or State or Territory regulation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or Prize at any time.
- Member terms: As a StarNow member each entrant agrees to comply with all terms and conditions applicable to StarNow members (as notified on the Website).
- Governing law: These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- Indemnity: Without limiting any other terms herein, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter, including their respective officers, employees and agents, against any liability, claim, proceeding, cost, expense and loss of any kind incurred in connection with any breach by an entrant of any of the terms set out in these terms and conditions.
- Use of Personal Information: Participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter, and that that information may be used by the Promoter on the terms set out in these terms and conditions.
- Required disclosure: Entrants must promptly disclose any issues that may generate negative publicity and impact on the success of this promotion and StarNow. The Promoter may disqualify an entrant and, if applicable, revoke a winner's award and prize package, for failure to disclose any issues that may generate negative publicity and impact on the success of the Competition and/or StarNow.
- Publicity: It is a condition of entry that all entrants agree to be interviewed and photographed at a mutually agreeable time for a story or feature on this promotion in any form of media the Promoter deems suitable. This story or feature can appear on various websites at a time to be determined by the Promoter. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all control relating to any such story or feature will remain with the Promoter at all times.
- Marketing: It is a condition of entry that any information reasonably required (including but not limited to interviews, photographs, attendance to photo shoots/ events, provision of blogs etc) by the Promoter for all marketing, advertising and promotion of the StarNow 15th Birthday Competition 2019 will be provided to, and may be used by, the Promoter for the purposes set out in these terms and conditions. Copyright in all material provided to and/or devised by the Promoter remains with the Promoter at all times.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- As a condition of participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entries to the Promoter. The entrant agrees to indemnify of the Promoter including their respective officers, employees and agents, against all liabilities, claims, proceedings, expenses, losses and costs of any kind arising in connection with his or her entry. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted for any purposes at its discretion, including for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
- Should an entrant submit any materials in connection with the Competition including comments, recordings and images ("Content"), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. Entrants warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.